THE K’S WATERMELON SPICY MARG
As we dive into summer – nicer weather, longer days, and lifted spirits – we’re met with countless chances to commemorate the changing of the season. What better way to celebrate than with my dear friend and confidant – tequila. The K’s August cocktail is a refreshing twist on the classic Spicy Margarita with the in-season fruit by the name of muddled watermelon. We’re talking light, hydrating, and very boozy. Let’s jump in.
• ~ 1.5 oz Tequila (I’d pour with your heart)
• Half a squeezed lime
• Watermelon Kombucha**
**If you’re not privy to Kombucha, I’d suggest muddling more watermelon and adding sparkling water.
• Put watermelon and jalapeno slices into a shaker and muddle
• Add tequila, lime juice, and ice
• Shake (what your mama gave you)
• In a fresh glass, line the rim with tajin and lime, fill with ice
• Filter shaker into a glass
• Add Kombucha to taste