Pineapple, Passionfruit, and Peach Schnapps.
When you live on an island, fresh fruit is the go-to for a twirly happy hour. This festive sundowner was created at my family’s home in Fiji after harvesting a perfectly ripe pineapple from the garden. Hand in hand with passionfruit from our favorite prolific vine, my friend George concocted this simple recipe. Follow step-by-step for a good time. If you’re really going for it, consider freezing muddled pineapple in an ice cube tray beforehand. Add a few cubes to each cocktail before serving. Prepare to find your friends properly blissed out.
- 1 Small Fresh Lime
- 50ml Dry Gin
- 10ml Vodka
- ¼ Cup Fresh Pineapple
- 1 Whole Fresh Passionfruit
- 50ml Peach Schnapps
- Splash of Angostura Bitters
- Step 1: Muddle pineapple, passionfruit and lime juice in shaker until mixed.
- Step 2: Add Dry Gin and Vodka, then muddle again.
- Step 3: Add ice to the shaker, along with Peach Schnapps and Angostura Bitters.
- Step 4: Shake hard for 6 seconds and strain into a glass filled with ice.
- Step 5: Top with a hibiscus and a bamboo straw for a truly tropical experience.